Tuesday, August 21, 2012

bump #26: back to the drawing board

Back to BBT (Basal Body Temperature Charting)

Back to the 6 AM alarm clock reminding me to take my temperature every morning and ever so neatly circle it and connect the dots each day looking for some kind of pattern that proves my body is doing what it is supposed to.

Can I be candid with you and just say that I don't think the dots are lining up right? Not just on that chart (because it's day 4 of my cycle and I've only taken my temp once!) but in my life. Connecting the dots is supposed to be easy.

Dot #1: get pregnant  Dot #2: have a baby  Dot #3: be happy. 

Ok so there are a few "dots" missing in the equation, namely Dot #4: dress said baby up in cute clothes and take a million photos, but you get the idea. I'm beginning to think that my coloring book is crapped out and there aren't even any dots to connect in it. I know it takes time, and at first it's just a mess, but once all the dots are connected it makes a beautiful picture. The problem is that all I see is a blank page.


So for now my temperature chart looks like this:

{blank}



dot. dot. dot.

3 comments:

  1. Praying that Dot #3 enters the picture while you wait for Dot#1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all the right dots appear and connect perfectly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Hated BBT. Well, also I sort of loved it. But mostly hated it.

    ReplyDelete